a yahoo problem here. Where is the .....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by deceptichop, Jun 18, 2009.

1. deceptichop macrumors regular

best place to post my yahoo inbox problem? Ive looked around via google and cannot find a yahoo tech forum?

Thanks in advance guys

2. robert05au macrumors regular

robert05au

What seems to be the problem?

I have seen quite a few yahoo mail/inbox and other problems overtime and maybe able to help find a solution

3. deceptichop thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the reply Robert, however i doubt youve seen this one before. In my inbox, i have about 15 messages that I have kept in the last week. Now down in the bottom right corner it displays messages 1-25 then it says next page. When I click next page, the first 3 messages are within the last 7 days. However, heres my problem, the 4th message (message 29 in my inbox) goes ALL the way back to 6 months ago!! So now, i have lost ALL of my messages that I have purposely kept in my inbox over the last 6 months :(

This is happening when with Firefox, Safari, and Opera. So i KNOW that this is a yahoo issue.

What do you suggest?

4. robert05au macrumors regular

robert05au

I have seen part of the problem but luckly don't get enough mail there to loose any.

In the mail there is a help menu top right and if that is selected you can contact technical support which maybe able to help.

I have done some checking and they are rather light on info and there so far doesn't seem to be much in the way of places offering help.

One thing I have noticed over time is yahoo seems to be updating the mail a lot and I have seen some strange things happen.

One thing whch may or may not work is changng the mail back from the new version they have had a for a while now back to what they call classic mail. This may allow the mail to be seen again.

I will do some more digging and see what I can find the in the way of links to help.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Also Yahoo's tech forum, such that it is, is part of Yahoo Answers. I know, it's a cesspool, but....

http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=over&sid=396546091

Did you look in trash to see if the msgs are there? If they're not, I think you need to go straight to Yahoo tech support -- I don't think it's likely that there's a fix you can do yourself.

6. deceptichop thread starter macrumors regular

Rob,

Im on Classic version, so i switched to the new version, and still the same problem :(

I did find the contact customer care and filled out all the info. Hopefully they reply.

Thank you for your help Rob!