A1081 Cinema Display for Photo Editing?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by filmbuff, Apr 24, 2014.

1. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

I've gotten to the point where I'm tired of straining my eyes looking at my 13" Macbook Air screen and want an external monitor. I mostly just use my computer for work and web browsing, but I also need the ability to edit photos and videos so I need a high quality screen with good color.

My budget is about $150, and I'm torn between two options. I could get an older Apple Cinema display (I'm looking at the 20") or I could take my chances with a lower end modern monitor. I've actually found a few IPS monitors in my price range, which would be nice, but I also feel like the Cinema display is the safest bet for a good monitor at my budget.

What can you recommend?

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Reading reviews and recommendations for photography editing monitors. Google "photography monitors 2014" and read the pages and reviews. You will soon develop your candidate list that fits your space and budget requirements.

Be aware that if you want to verify color accuracy, you need to use a color calibration kit on the monitor periodically. Folks typically use either a Datacolor Sypder product or a ColorMunki product for the calibration. You may be able to borrow such a package from someone in a local photo club.