a1181 battery teardown?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dorkstuff, Jul 16, 2010.

1. dorkstuff macrumors newbie

title says it all, opening up a battery, looking for any advice (besides "replace it" please), it's an extra and screwed up on me after about 30 cycles. thanks.

2. eman macrumors 6502a

If your battery has 30 charge cycles, take it to Apple and have it replaced. I've ripped the batteries apart and never could see anything that needed to be replaced.

3. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

well i can tell you, those batterys if they short out will cause explosions and the cells will pop and gas that comes out of them can kill you almost instantly if inhaled.

i would not try to fix one, its very dangerous to go poking around a lithium battery.

either way, apple has individual cell control on the batteries, i believe if a cell dies thats it anyway, you cannot make the battery think its working again even if it(the cell) was replaced.

4. blackburn macrumors 6502a

blackburn

Bad idea, lithium ion batteries have an control chip to prevent overcharging and bad things like that, most likely if you try do change a cell it will stop working. Be very careful if working with that battery I've already got one cell blowing up on me:mad: