A1181 Dead logic board?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kevster0522, Apr 12, 2013.

1. kevster0522 macrumors newbie

I could really use your help I'm not extremely familiar with these macs (mostly a pc guy) But I replaced the screen on this computer about a year ago for a friend. Then my friend told me the computer wasn't working right and so I said I would take a look at it. I think the logic board called it quits but I think you guys have more experience with this so tell me what you think.

Symptoms:
    Plug in the computer and the magsafe connector is green but battery is dead. I turn on the computer and the screen sometimes flashes for a split second but other times doesn't flash at all and is just black. I can hear the hdd spinning and I get the boot up chime but the screen is still black. It isn't the backlight because there are no images on the screen.

Questions:
    Are these the symptoms of a failed logic board?
    Will getting a new logic board fix the issue?
    Is it worth getting a replacement logic board or a new computer?

Thanks
    -Kevin

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Connect the Macbook to an external display and see if you get output there, if so the display is the problem.

There are many A1182 models, you need the other model identifier to know exactly which model it is, it might be a model with a bad GPU.