A1224 iMac Logic Board repair

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ha0rex, Oct 16, 2013.

1. ha0rex macrumors newbie

Hey, I've a broken A1224 (2007) iMac logic board. I think it's broken because of a bad PSU. I found a bad capacitor on it, it's absolutely burned, the C7431 one, above the IR panel.

Now I removed, and would like to replace it, but dunno anything about it. Could somebody please help me? And is it connected to 4th pin of the IC, near of it?

I just want to give it a try... why not! Now it doesn't do anything, when I try to power it on. No chime, no video, no fans.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. macthefork, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013

macthefork macrumors 6502

No guarantee, but it could be a 0.1uF, 25v cap. You could look on sheet 74 of 118 of this downloadable schematic, that I found with Google. Looks like it could be part of the power regulator. This also shows the connection.

There could have been other problems with PSU that popped that cap, along with others that might not be so obvious.

This is the site... click on it and the pdf is downloaded.

I searched for that cap (c7431) number and imac as my search criteria and up popped this Apple imac schematic (M78-DVT).

As I mentioned, NO Guarantee this is absolutely correct and was surprised this Apple document popped up in public domain....

Good Luck

3. ha0rex thread starter macrumors newbie

First of all, thanks for your reply. But this sheet is for 1225, the 24" version, not 1224, 20". That would be mine. But just wondering, I can't find your link in google too... any idea? Thanks a lot again!