A1278 Logic Board Part Question Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nrthblg, Mar 5, 2013.

1. nrthblg macrumors newbie

Hello .. this is my first post here but I've gotten a lot of answers to other problems in the past. So a HUGE thanks to everyone who contributes, it's much appreciated. :)

Now .. my issue ... A friend had a spillage problem in his A1278 and I was given it to see what I could do .. after a thurough bathing it powered up again. Awesome. Now for the bad part.

Whilst on the workbench before reassembly an unknown problem caused the removal of a very tiny piece which was located and then lost again, this time with no chance of finding it.

My question is for anyone who knows the logic board .. what is this part that is missing ? See attached pictures for what i'm talking about.

Does anyone know what is inscribed on it ? I have someone who is able to repair it but need to know what is missing.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Attached Files:

2. seveej macrumors 6502a

seveej

Ouch. Unless someone here has a A1278 logic board lying around, it's hard to tell as it's on the underside of the board.

You could ask whether the guys at ifixit have a higher resolution version of this pic lying around (it's from the MBAlu teardown), so that you could read the markings on the chip...

RGDS,

3. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

820-2327, 820-2530, 820-2879, 820-2936, 820-33something.... there are so many A1278 logic boards. For a real answer, I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific! What board do you have?