A1278 mid 2009 keyboard problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by icypengo, Mar 16, 2015.

1. icypengo macrumors newbie

Hello everyone.
    I've got a macbook pro 13 inch that had a liquid accident.
    Someone spilled a type of liquid on it and it stopped working. I cleaned the motherboard using an ultrasonic cleaner with isopropyl alcohol. That seemed to do the trick and the laptop was ok for a couple of days. Then it stopped working again and it would start up only to get stuck to a black screen with the fan turned up to the maximum. My next step was to replace the keyboard. It then worked for 3 days in a row with to apparent issues.
    Thing is, the fourth day, after i boot the system and get into mountain lion, everything seems to work untill i tuch the keyboard. Whatever key i strike, it doesn't read it, and the mouse suddently stops functioning the right way and recognises all the clicks as right click (double finger click).
    I presume there's an issue with the keyboard controller. Is there a dedicated keyboard control chip? Does anyone know how can i fint it?
    Thank you in advance. I'd appreciate any help :)

2. chogue23 macrumors member

I thought a keyboard replacement would have fixed it, but if it didn't, it would be the slot where the keyboard plugs into the logic board. You could try the easy fixes first such as reset NVRam and the SMC, and put some contact cleaner in the cable connector to make sure its not corroded. But honestly it could be that the logic board has to be replaced, or you would have to use an external keyboard and mouse