A1278 Not turning on?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JamerTheProgram, Feb 28, 2013.

1. JamerTheProgram macrumors member

Hey!
    I have recently dug out my old Macbook Aluminium 2008 to get some old data from it. I went to turn it on and nothing at all.... So I got my power adapter for it and plugged it in. Red light came on. So I pressed the on button again.... Still nothing. So I took it appart and swapped the ram sticks arround and still nothing. This laptop had major issues before this though. It still booted fine and everything. One issue it did have was the fact that when it booted the screen flickered violently. The GPU performance wasnt what it used to be and a string of other issues along with not being able to wake up from sleep some times.
    When I mean I cant turn it on, I cant turn it on. No sign of life what so ever. I have tried it without the battery and everything. Nothing comes on, the fans dont spin... Nothing. I have tried putting in fresh ram sticks and still no.
    Any ideas?
    PS:
    I do want to repair it for other reasons then just getting my data off of it.
    Thanks!

2. JamerTheProgram thread starter macrumors member

I stripped down the laptop and nothing appears to be wrong. Now I have properly reattached everything, it wont even charge. Don't know whats going on with it......
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!