A1286 touchpad issue after installation

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nono8283, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Nono8283 macrumors newbie

Hi,

i've bought one touchpad for my MacBook Pro 15" A1286, but after installation it seems not work perfectly.
    The installation went very smoothly. However, the track pad behaves in a bizarre fashion, where it stops tracking, and then only works a little, then the mac flips out like multiple keys are pressed, and the cursor moves on its own.

Did anyone meet this before? how can I fix this situation?

thx .

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Which MBPro do you have? The A1286 model number is shared by 7 different 15-inch MBPros, from late 2008 to Mid 2012. I think each has a different part number for the trackpad.
    Why did you need to replace the original trackpad?

Sounds like your trackpad connector may not be seated properly.
    You will need to reseat the trackpad connector on the logic board.
    The trackpad and the keyboard both use the USB bus for connection. Double check the seating for the keyboard when you reseat the trackpad connector.

Is your replacement trackpad used (pulled from another MBPro), or new (never used before)? I have read a few times that replacing a trackpad with another used trackpad (pulled from another Macbook Pro) may not always succeed. I'm not too sure if that is correct, but the fact that there are several part numbers may mean that you have to be careful about what you use for a replacement.
    Also, the trackpad is one of those parts where Apple's service manual can help out with good tips about the replacement.