A2DP Problem with Bluetooth Speaker Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BulkHedd, Jun 22, 2009.

1. BulkHedd macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

I have a Jabra SP700 Bluetooth Speaker phone in my car. The device supports A2DP (it can be used and a wireless speaker for listening to the music & can even transmit it via FM to my car stereo). I don't use it that way but it is causing a problem. For some reason, when I get in the car and power on the Jabra, my 3GS iPhone starts playing through it and it usually forgets the playback position and starts the podcast over from the beginning. So if I'm halfway through a podcast, when I connect the Jabra I lose my place and it starts over. I cannot find any way to disable A2DP. I'd rather not have it active if it's going to cause a problem like this.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. jutte64 macrumors regular

turn your bluetooth option off in your setting on your iphone..

3. BulkHedd thread starter macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

Well, I mean I want to be able to use my bluetooth speakerphone I just don't want my iPhone to use A2DP with it.

4. BulkHedd thread starter macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

I sent an e-mail to Jabra about it and their "solution" was for me to "disable the autoconnection mode in your iPhone".
    I don't think there is a way to do that.

5. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

hmmmm

SO I am clear, you don't want to play items through the bluetooth connection, yet you still want to leave it on? :confused:

6. BulkHedd thread starter macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

Yes, the reason I bought it was to make and receive phone calls while in the car (it is a "Bluetooth Speaker Phone"). I want to be able to do that I just don't want my iPhone playing music or podcasts through it and that seems to happen automatically which causes the current track to start over upon connection.

7. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

don't hit play

8. honeytoast macrumors regular

Can't you open the ipod on the iphone and hit the bluetooth button on the lower right. That should bring up a menu to select dock connector or bluetooth.

9. BulkHedd thread starter macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

Ok, I have an auxiliary jack on my car stereo and I listen to my iPhone via that. With my 2G iPhone I would get in my car, power on the Jabra speakerphone and plug in the iPhone and start listening.
    But now, with the 3GS iPhone the Jabra seems to take over and not only re-route the audio, but also restart the track.

10. BulkHedd thread starter macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

Yes I can but it seems to default to the bluetooth and that is causing the track to start over from the beginning. Not a big deal with a song but a pain with a podcast.

11. mrjayd macrumors regular

I have the motorola T505 and it works great for streaming thru my FM except for video. The lag time is terrible so the mouths are way off to the sound. Unusable for any type of video.

--JD

12. BulkHedd thread starter macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

Have you had the problem of it starting the now playing track over from the beginning when you connect to it?

13. phurth macrumors newbie

I also have a T505. I have an iPhone 3G (OS 3.0) and also have noticed that if I plug my iPhone into my aux-out dock the audio will still default to BT rather than the dock connector. Sure, I can change it, but it always reverts back to BT after disconnecting/reconnecting. Really annoying.

I'd like to use the T505 for handsfree calling but have the iPhone *not* use it for BT audio. I have found no way to disable A2DP or to cause the iPhone to default to the dock if multiple output sources exist.

For what it's worth, the T505 does not seem to restart the current track.

Pete

14. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

bumpity bump.

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I have the exact speakerphone and have an ipod adapter in the car. If I turn on the speakerphone, it'll pair with the phone and then the iPhone starts playing music through it instead of the dock connector. :mad: I then have to grab the iphone, unlock it, select the source back to being the dock connector, etc. Not exactly safe.

In the mean time, I have been leaving my Jabra turn off. If I get a call, I turn it on, wait for it to pair, then answer, however not exactly the ideal solution.

I'd like to either disable a2dp on the iPhone or the Jabra. The speakerphone worked great with the 3G. :/

15. BulkHedd thread starter macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

No real solution, but I think one of the recent updates mostly fixed it for me.
    I don't use the dock connector for audio, I use the headphone jack to feed my car stereo's aux input.
    When I get in the car I turn on the Jabra and let it connect to the iPhone, THEN I plug in the audio cable and it almost always will play through the stereo. If I plug in the audio cable first and begin playback before turning on the Jabra the audio will switch to the Jabra.
    The problem is that if I get a call that I take with the Jabra, after the call the iPhone will not switch the audio back to the headphone jack. It is pretty annoying.

16. dude85 macrumors newbie

Solution, but it needs jailbreaking

Hey there

I had the same problem with my iphone an headset/car stereo. Now I finally found a solution. But it requires to jailbreak the iphone. You can do that by downloading blackra1n. Once jailbreaked, install Cydia through Blackra1n. In Cydia, there is an app called Bluetooth profile selector. In that app, you can turn A2DP off for your headset/car bluetooth. Then it connects to it, but only as a headset and the music will still go through the iPod Connector!

Cheers