A5 Jailbreak imminent

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TestedLion, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TestedLion macrumors member

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/nirbi/pod2gs_update_on_4s_jailbreak_he_is_getting_closer/

It looks like any day now and we are free from the constraints of AAPL's vision of how our (their?) product should operate.

Finally, and gratefully.

quote:

"No more cache troubles OK, figured it out, the A5 cache is not a problem anymore. I sorted it out by doing the untether in a single thread and by flushing all the dcache then all the icache in a row at a strategical point of the process.
    It took me like a hundred of tests to find the key. Hard for the nerves.
    For the tech guys, here is a link explaining issues related to self modifying code ( or code patching ) on the ARM platform : http://blogs.arm.com/software-enablement/141-caches-and-self-modifying-code/
    Another news : I discussed with @saurik today about the launchd boot process, and he's found one missing piece of the puzzle I needed to have a perfectly stable jailbreak. He's definitly one of the best iOS gurus out there. Thank you saurik!"

ps: yes, this is a new thread. if it's repeated elsewhere, I apologize...just wanted a very clear thread announcing this excellent news as sometimes it's difficult to find updates in older threads.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Damn.... My heart stops beating for few seconds until I click on this post :D

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

4. TestedLion thread starter macrumors member

actually, I thought that the quote I reposted was nice & concise - unlike the other vague post made in that other thread. As far as "cool new thread" well, this is the internet..and most people (including I) appreciate getting the latest info. in the simplest way to get it. It's not about being cool..cool are the folks creating the JB's for us.

You will notice, if you Reddit, that people there tend to create various new threads as info. becomes available....the threads which are least useful/informative become dispensed with...as this thread may, or may not, be.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

i have a headache now.

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

We already had this discussion on another thread, and we were trying to keep the trash thread to a minimun, so all the discussions can be focused, but that's ok, you can have your "cool" thread :cool:

8. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

His name is Neo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.