A5 JB Mac/PC Question?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RotaryP7, Jan 20, 2012.

1. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

Alright, here's the situation. The JB, does it have to be done where you actually sync your A5 device? Example. I have a PC and a Mac. I use my PC for my 4S, to sync and whatnot. I have no info on my 4S on my Mac. I've never connected the iPhone to my Mac.

Now since the JB is not out for PC atm. Can I go ahead and JB my 4S through my Mac? Another reason why I want to do this is so I don't damage any backup files on the PC. And incase I need to restore or whatnot, I'll just go to my PC. No issues.

As you can see this is my first JB. Honestly, I don't even know if it's just plug n play. I'm guessing I can just download w/o restoring the iPhone.

Thanks guys,

2. 0r30, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012

0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

I have jailbroken before with different computers. Did my iPad on a windows that was synced with a mac last year.

the jailbreak program won't allow you to open iTunes when running the jailbreak on the iPhone 4s. You should be ok. It is fairly easy because there is less steps to follow prior to past jailbreaks. Just make sure you put your VPN on. In settings-General-Network and also back up your stuff on your windows before jail breaking on the mac.

3. sbddude macrumors 6502a

Can be done on a different computer. I used my friend's mac.

4. RotaryP7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool. Thanks guys. So I can just JB w/o restoring the iPhone correct? Just pretty much plug n play.

Yea, I don't intend in syncing anything on my Mac w/ the 4S. Just JB.