A7 for all ???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pr0230, Oct 23, 2013.

1. pr0230 Suspended

I would expect that apple has firmly moved into the A7 - 64 bit processing...

I CANT believe they would upgrade the IPOD touch to an A6...

So the question is WHEN do WE get the A7 upgrade ???

2. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Any upgrades will not be till Fall 2014. No idea if they will replace the A5 with an A7.

3. Scorpion008 macrumors member

Unfortunately, even IF the ipod touch gets the A7 next year, the ipads and iphone will have the A8 by then. There is NO way that Apple will give the ipod touch the A8.

4. malih macrumors member

malih

I should hope so, seems like they want all new devices to have 64-bit processing, maybe for preparation of phasing out the 32-bit ones 2 or 3 years later, looks like they have something big planned in the future for 64-bit.

So yeah, the next iPod touch most likely get a 64-bit CPU, probably the A7.

Of course that depends on whether they see a future for iPod touch.
    They could come up with a new device category to replace the iPod touch, this is Apple after all, iPod Air? ;)

5. Scorpion008 macrumors member

Look me in the eyes and tell me the itouch could use/get a 40% thinness and wieght reduction.

6. Aucun Express macrumors regular

I much prefer to pay less for an iPod touch compared to an iPhone and have an oldest processor. I remember when my iPhone 3G was very slow. But now, even one year after, my iPod touch is blazing fast! :)

7. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

I was one the folks who [incorrectly] predicted an iPod Touch refresh for the Oct 22rd event. I thought the A6 might stay in play a little more (the Mini Retina getting that vs. the A7), so I figured they might spread it around and give the iPT the same treatment.

Kind of a bummer, the iPT is such a great device, and an SOC and maybe camera refresh would’ve been very welcome.

FYI, I see the 5th Gen 32GB refurbs are now $219 at Apple.com which is an _outstanding_ deal :)

8. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

The iPod Touch is now the new iPod Classic. Apple's ignoreware.

9. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

If Apple does not announce a new iPod Touch refresh by early November (in time for holiday sales), you are not going to see one this year.

10. easy4lif macrumors regular

easy4lif

Look
    They wont announce a new touch till next year. In terms of apple, they use the just in time method of manufacturing.

So next years model will be A7 and m7 co processor. They' re gonna make a point of the whole iOS line being 64bit

(Yes next years apple tv update will have the A7 single core)

No loop (lame idea to start)
    Same camera specs
    Same screen size as iphone6 (5in)g

They might finally add a 128gb.