A9 chip, 2gb RAM, 12mp camera, better touchID, force touch, stronger aluminum body... upgrade or no?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hal~9000, Jun 21, 2015.

?

A9, 2gb of RAM, 12mp cam, new touchID, force touch, stronger aluminum... upgrading or no?

1. hell yes!

29 vote(s)
    39.2%
  2. yes

17 vote(s)
    23.0%
  3. no

15 vote(s)
    20.3%
  4. hell no!

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  5. don't have an upgrade available anyways

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  6. not sure

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. Hal~9000, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015

Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

My 4S is doing just fine, so no. It may even improve with iOS9 (Currently running 7.1.2).

3. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

I need to have a 1080p screen resolution or better, for me to upgrade to the 6S 4.7" model. I have a 4K monitor and TV! It kind of weird that my iPhone is still below 1K screen resolution!

4. Martin81 macrumors regular

Martin81

I currently have a 5S and with these specs I would probably upgrade. More pixels doesn't mean better pictures. 8MP would be fine with me if they improve the overall picture quality.
    Increase storage from 16GB to 32GB.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Yes to the a9, 2gb ram and force touch

The camera on the 6:6+ is good just needs the filtering toned down a bit please apple.

Not fussed on the rest as I've never had an issue with Touch ID except when my 5s was new and it was actually faulty. As for the stronger body again makes no difference to me. My 6+ is straight as a dime.

6. TWD98j macrumors regular

Absolutely looking forward to upgrading. I have 3 months left on my 5S contract and fully plan on re-upping for the 6S - actually make that a 6S Plus.

7. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Just bought iPhone 6 Plus several months ago. I don't have that money to chase after the latest and the greatest.
    Plus, first force touch screen would surely be buggy and problematic. I may try to use it in future iPhone 8s or perhaps 9s.

8. ohbrilliance macrumors 6502a

ohbrilliance

1. Phones are not televisions. 1080p is a completely arbitrary resolution.
    2. Your phone already has a much higher DPI than your monitor. You'd be better off wondering when your monitor will have higher DPI to match the phone.

9. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

I have a IP6 Plus 128GB and it does everything I need it too. I can't see getting the 6s if the rumors are correct. There just isn't enough to make me upgrade.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Probably, only because I want a smaller phone. The new specs are a nice to have but at this point my motivation is more about the form factor then what's inside the phone.

11. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

Are you looking at getting the 4.7 or hoping for a the 4 inch (if rumors are correct)?

12. SeilerBird macrumors regular

SeilerBird

I have the 6 and I will definitely be upgrading no matter what. I want the newest camera.

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

4.7 seems ok to me. I played with the iPhone 6 at the apple store and that was nicely sized. The iP6+ is just too big for my liking at this point.

14. ipaddaro macrumors member

do you think it will show an harder screen (sapphire, gorilla glass...)?

15. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

Possibly, yes. It was going to be a big selling point on the iPhone 6/6+, if they got it which they didn't. With the millions of Apple Watch and Apple Watch Editions going out the door with a sapphire display I think Apple can now make the sapphire panels larger for an iPhone sized device.

16. Matheew944 macrumors regular

ur absolutely right!

17. Matheew944 macrumors regular

Wait for IP7 next year,it will be a big difference from the 6s

18. ipadpro macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

i always get new one every times apple come new iphone , i can't wait like most people did , that too long ...
    when you buying an iphone every year just like you lease a car , drive new car pay new bill ,,, nothing matter with that.''

;)

19. Matheew944 macrumors regular

Sapphire screen not this year, Apple will keep the displays with the same resolution as Ip6 and Ip6+, Next year, I think Apple will put sapphire screen on Iphone..The S models never get resolution bump, . It will have a better camera, not suprise about this , Force touch, yeah , Apple need to show a feauture on 6s to make people upgrade, but I dont care about force touch , Rose gold?? Why not that black color on Ip5? I prefer te black color instead of space grey color

20. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I really like those specs, but I want to wait until the iPhone 7 so I can be in the "regular" cycle and enjoy it without having a number make by iPhone feel "outdated" in a year (I wouldn't have this problem if the "S" didn't exist). Plus, I want an iPhone with slightly smaller top and bottom bezels, which I think is likely for the iPhone 7.

21. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I would upgrade for much less but if we DID get this, it would not take much thinking. I am an upgrade whore :cool:

Currently using the old 6+

22. ipadpro macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

when i get an iphone 4S , SIRI so popular ,
    when i get an iphone 5S , gold color so popular almost sold out in every store , and online ,
    so ..>> iphone 6s >> absolutely something look cool ,
    :cool:

23. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

I will probably hold off. I have a 6 Plus 64GB and just bought a Air 2 64GB LTE to go along with my other Apple toys (rMBP and Apple TV). My 6 Plus lags slightly from time to time but nothing too crazy for me to shell out upgrading before my due time. Unless I am really impressed with the release I will hold out for the iPhone 7.

24. yui4 macrumors 6502

I've just bought an iPad Air 2 so my phone is getting less use in general. I'm having no issues with my ip6 at all so I'll wait for the 7

25. Jimmy James macrumors 68040