AAA question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by FredAkbar, Aug 29, 2007.

1. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

So I just signed up for AAA (the auto thing) for one year. I'm currently in northern CA but I'm moving down to Santa Barbara as I go to UCSB during the school year. I didn't realize that there's a separate AAA (aaa-calif.com) group/branch/whatever for SoCal. I tried logging in on their site (using both my username from AAA and my AAA member number) and it didn't work. So are they affiliated enough for me to use them interchangeably, or at least transfer to the SoCal one when I move? It cost me $72 (it's like 50 a year, plus the activation fee), I don't want to have wasted it. I'm mainly concerned about things like roadside service, but also the discounts you get at various places. Anyone have experience with this?

2. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I'm pretty sure the roadside service and the discounts are nationwide. Some of the other services may not be available to you, such as triptiks (as if anybody needs those anymore anyways).

3. FredAkbar thread starter macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

Cool, thanks. I was worried by the fact that on top of the AAA pages I was at, it said "Serving Nothern California, Utah, and Nevada" or similar. But now that I think about it, my grandparents have AAA I'm pretty sure, and they lived in Colorado for a while, and now Oregon.