AAAGGGHH what should i do!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nickb, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Nickb macrumors regular

Ive been ringing around today, ready to go out and change my iphone again, i was at the apple store at the trafford center yesterday and went through 3 phones whilst i was in there - i then had to go to o2 cos the apple lady was getting annoyed at me and told me to go to o2

so i went ..... and got a replacement, but this one (as i said in my other post) has the back casing not flush with the chrome bezel. So what should i do?

well i think i know what im going to do, exchange it - but what do i say to get the exchange? will they swop it because of this problem, or should i tell a little white lie and say there is something else wrong, and if so what???

2. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

mate be happy with what you got

my first one - the casing wasn't flush so i swapped it

my current one - dust under screen, casing isn't flush, and screen isn't level

been trying to swap it for about 2 weeks. tried kingston and regent street apple store and the o2 store i bought it from. also tried o2 customer service.

now im going to "accidentally" damage it and then claim it on the o2 Premier insurance but pay £25 excess

3. xolan99 macrumors regular

Seriously...is it THAT much of a problem? It still works right? You're not going to be running your finger on the edge of that thing every day for the next two years...

4. Nickb thread starter macrumors regular

really? that would do my head in big time!

so your going to return yours then? Think ill just tell them about the problem, and make up another that they wont know about and get a replacement and hope for the best!!

doing my head in this, cant believe how many were wrong at the apple store, and the women was getting pissed at me, she needs a slap

5. J. Dangerously macrumors newbie

Well, jeez, man, I don't know, she was probably just a little bit annoyed at the customer who keeps rejecting iPhones for manufacturing variances (note I did not say defects) that no one else would notice, let alone whine about!

I can imagine that you probably send back a lot of food at restaurants. Repeatedly.

[OBLIGATORY] This guy is going through three, four, five iPhones. Meanwhile, people are still waiting in line or waiting on backorders for their first! [/OBLIGATORY]

What should you do, you ask? Count your blessings, man. Thank your preferred omniscient being that you don't have a crooked, intermittent sleep/wake button. Or an overly-yellowed/negative-black screen. Or multiple dead pixels. Or zero battery life. Or reception issues. Or dust under the screen. Or chipped chrome bezels. Need I go on?

"Johnny Dangerously"

6. Pedromiguel20 macrumors member

7. paj macrumors regular

paj

flush

adverb
    in the same plane; "set it flush with the top of the table"

adjective
    having no irregularities, roughness or indentations

8. Nickb thread starter macrumors regular

^ what he said

ive decided to take it back this week as its playing silly bugger with wifi - and the sleep/wake button has sunk it on one side