AAAHHHHHH! Dead ACD power adapter...again!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tobefirst, Dec 18, 2008.

1. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

We have three 23" ACDs here at work. They were all purchased about 2-3 years ago. This morning, the third power adapter died.

The first time it happened to one of my coworkers. The second to die was mine. Since another coworker was on vacation, I stole her power adapter and was able to continue working without much of an interruption. When we got the replacement in later that week, I was lazy and just hooked it up to her monitor.

Now, her old power adapter...the one that I was using because I was too lazy to swap them out...is dead! I'm stuck on my much tinier second display. I'm going nuts.

I guess there isn't much of a point to this thread other than to vent. Feel free to commiserate and offer your own tale of dying hardware. :)

2. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I'll need to span over quite a number of posts for that to happen. However dying bricks do seem to be a minor fixture - although defective-when-you-see-more-than-one panels seem to be much more prevalent in my case. A while back I finally collected all the monitors we'd been meaning to get fixed and sent them 'en masse' to Apple, and to get the matter sorted out once and for all.

So far we have two back out of those that we sent that I've deemed acceptable to keep. The rest are on the third or fourth exchange, but it was a situation like this over time which led us just to store the ACD's and buy extra Dell monitors - which haven't needed anywhere near the sort of attention the Apples have (and in the cases of faulty monitors, it's usually a next-day-exchange), nor the level of panel variation which hobbled multimonitor setups. There is absolutely no need for us to stockpile displays like this so I'm going to get these fixed once and for all, however many exchanges it takes.