Aacck! (About Applets)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kathryne_B, Jun 19, 2013.

1. kathryne_B macrumors regular

kathryne_B

I'm sorry if this isn't the place to ask this question. Several years ago I had a great applet program that I downloaded (free) from the Anfy Team, created by Fabio Ciucci. To my dismay, around 2000 or so, they discontinued supporting the Mac platform. The program now is only for those using WindowXP, which is of no help to me either. Would anyone here happen to know if there is any applet program out there that caters to Macintosh that is freeware? I've Googled for some, but I can't seem to find any. I'd really appreciate any info on it. Thank you. -Kd

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

3. kathryne_B, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013

kathryne_B thread starter macrumors regular

kathryne_B

Hi! Thanx for answering my post. The download had many applets. The one I was working with was "lake," which would insert ripples to any image and make the image look like it had ripples. Here's their website and you can see all the applets they had. I can't use it with Mac like I was able to 14 years ago. Now, they only support WindowsXP and below.

http://www.anfyteam.com/anj/index.html

4. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Well, if you are looking for image editing options, you might try GIMP, which is free. There are paid options too, two of which are Pixelmator and Photoshop.

5. kathryne_B thread starter macrumors regular

kathryne_B

Thanx for the links, but I don't think that's what I'm really looking for. I already have Photoshop and whatever image I create using PSA, is what I try to apply the applets to. I also have Gimp, but it isn't an applet generator. It has to be exactly like AnfyTeam applet generator. Thanx again.