AACs that won't sync

Discussion in 'iPod' started by apfhex, Jun 26, 2007.

1. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I'm trying to figure out why a group of songs just will not sync to my iPod Shuffle (1st gen). The only connection I could find between these few songs is that they were all converted from FLAC to AAC using Toast. Is Toast making incompatible AAC files? However, I swear some other songs I also converted using Toast DID sync to my iPod... in fact I know this to be the case. I always use the same settings in Toast, so why would only some of them not sync? :confused: The files are linked properly in the Library — iTunes plays them fine. They're not un-checked. They don't have any weird characters in the file names. I just don't know.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

As a test, use iTunes to convert one of the already converted AACs to the exact same format and bitrate. Does the new version sync?

3. apfhex thread starter macrumors 68030

apfhex

Yeah, they sync if I convert them again in iTunes, so it must be a problem with how Toast converted them (it's a pain if I have to re-rip the affected tracks, but...). I used the same settings every time (256k VBR, 44.100kHz), so I don't know why some don't work.