Aadditional details from the guided tour.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wiithan, Jun 26, 2007.

1. wiithan macrumors newbie

wiithan

I haven't seen these minute details listed anywhere else, so I thought I'd post them here. Some of this is speculation:

1. When entering an address, it is possible to share it with others, likely via the email client, as seen in this snapshot.
      [​IMG]
    2. When the user zooms in, the top menu bar disappears.
      [​IMG]
    3. Browsing history can be accessed via the bookmarks icon.
      [​IMG]
    4. Speculation: it is likely that there is a landscape version of the keyboard. In the screenshot below, the url entry field is in no way different than in normal orientation, suggesting that one can enter a new url while in landscape mode. It would be very awkward if apple required users to rotate iPhone just to enter text.
      [​IMG]
    5. Lastly, in the mail application, on the bottom menu bar while viewing an email message, there is a mysterious icon of a folder with a plus sign. Speculation: I'm guessing this is used to create an email with an attachment. Since picture attachments are very easy to create via the photo application, this may suggest that pressing this icon allows for more advanced attachment options and potentially a finder-like file interface.
      [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy these small tidbits. It was fun finding them. Please feel free to submit your own speculation and information gleaned from the video.

2. loudestnoise macrumors 6502

loudestnoise

Nice, I'm glad someone takes time to find this stuff.

3. wiithan thread starter macrumors newbie

wiithan

Thanks. If only I could edit the topic title. Now I look like an idiot on the main thread view. :(

4. loudestnoise macrumors 6502

loudestnoise

Ha, I didn't even notice. Perhaps other users will see you posted in the middle of the night and will forgive your typo.

5. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

I believe that is a "bookmark" icon - it is shown when you read email, not when you are composing a new email.

The video mentions you can book mark your emails.

On eddit - this may not be a book mark icon - all the others seem to be an open book... hmmm

6. wakka092 macrumors 6502

wakka092

Thanks for the tidbits! I am really interested in that mysterious icon. And I totally agree with you on the landscape text entry - that will be included. What I really want to know if you can use all features of the iPhone on landscape mode.. like use Google Maps or view your address book. I haven't seen the guided tour (dialup.. :( ) so does anyone know about that?

7. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Forgot the screen capture of composing email....

Attached Files:

8. nlivo macrumors 6502a

dammit...i posted something like this on here just a couple of days ago but with more information and all i got was abuse.....there are some more features from the video like.......(sorry, no screen caps)

-you can assign specific ringtones to specific contacts

-you have the ability to have a "bookmarks bar"

-if you find a website you like you can easily email the link to someone by tapping the "share" button that pops up when you can type a url

-in a text message session when a phone number appears you can click on the blue arrow to save the number etc.

-in lists like mail's inbox and text messages when you click "edit" you can delete several messages at once by clicking on several of the red circles that appear next to the messages and then click delete

-when you go into bookmarks in google maps you can also have your contacts list pop-up and then you can click on street addresses so you can see them in google maps

-you can have more than one account for the mail app

9. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

This is a really great thread with some really interesting points. It is this type of discussion that gets me excited in Apple products and I wish we had a little more of it around here. I know, I know the fat guy sitting outside the Apple store in NYC is funny, but this is the type of stuff I love.

10. zedsdead macrumors 68040

Something I noticed, not sure if it was mentioned: When adding a new contact, the screen that opened on the iPhone in the demo had an additional line called "Ringtone," which means you can customize the ringtone for each Contact. This means that not only will iTunes be updated this week, but Address Book might as well.

11. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago