AAFES iPad 2 order updates

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Traveling Apple, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Traveling Apple macrumors newbie

Ordered: 28 March. iPad 2 64gb black ATT 3G.
    Status: Order forwarded to vendor (Ingram Micro) 29 March. CC charged same date.
    As of today no changes in status.

Call to drop ship CS rep revealed that "…to ship in May…" and that "…Ingram Micro has large backlog of unfilled orders…" AAFES no longer (as of 5 April) taking iPad 2 orders until availability improves.

What is your experience?

2. chazmink macrumors member

I ordered a 64gb black wifi on 15 March and it shipped on 21 April. No tracking available yet. AAFES CS keeps blaming world-wide demand and the tragedy in Japan despite the fact that Apple says Japan tragedy has not disrupted supply chain.

Many AAFES orders shipped last week so yours shouldn't be too far behind. I don't know what carrier they ship with. I just hope they don't use FedEx Smartpost which takes forever.

Good luck,
    Charlie

3. zonatigre macrumors newbie

27 Mar - Ordered 16GB WiFi Blk
    4/20 - got shipping notice - no tracking provided
    4/25 - got FedEx tracking to be delivered 4/26

25 Mar - Ordered 32GB WiFi WHT
    4/20 - got shipping notice
    4/26 - to date no tracking received
    called AAFES customer service, was advised that they will contact
    shipper...

4. chazmink macrumors member

My 64gb wifi black ordered on 15 March was delivered today by USPS Smartpost. It shipped from Jonestown, PA on 21 April and arrived in NJ today. The wait is finally over. For those that are still waiting for AAFES to deliver I hope your wait is almost over.

Charlie

5. bproulx12 macrumors newbie

Ordered 64G Black 3G ATT on 26 Mar. Still says Order forwarded to vendor. AAFES still gives me the same excuse, temporarily unavaiable....I doubt they even checked.... anyone order the same and get theirs?

6. baileya1c macrumors member

Not the same but I ordered mine March 12th and it shipped 21 April. They ship it hella slow too. It took 9 days to get from PA to IA so apobox.com could forward it to me in Okinawa. The whole process sucked and I will never order from AAFES again.

7. Boen macrumors member

8. chazmink macrumors member

The Joint Base McGuire Dix Lakehurst Exchange says they will have it in June. We'll see!

9. bproulx12 macrumors newbie

Just for the hell of it I checked the status of the order online and it was shipped on 13 May to arrive on 17 May. Did not receive an email from AAFes.

Original Order Date: 26 Mar 11 ATT 64G 3G Black

May 14, 2011 7:09 AM Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS,
    May 14, 2011 2:14 AM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
    May 13, 2011 8:01 PM Picked up MEMPHIS, TN
    May 13, 2011 7:45 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx