Aah! I Just Saw An Imac Being Destroyed On Tv!

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
I was watching tv, and on The Comedy Network, there is a show called distraction(heard of it?). They give you prizes to ask you insanely hard questions while giving hard distractions(geese eating seed off you).
In the end, the lady who won had three prizes, but if you get more questions wrong that they ask you, they will destroy it. Anyway, the had an iMac G5 pre isight. She answered the question wrong, the iMac was destroyed. I nearly cried. You saw the RAM and hard drive fly out. I was so sad!!!!:( I also saw this happen to a MacBook Pro 17 inch!:(

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
I saw that too but it was an iBook at the time.

When moments like that make you cry you know you spend way too much time with your computer :p

I kid you of course but honestly computers are just material posessions and don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
This is like the blowing up the G4 thread. I think its funny!

Of course I wish they had destroyed something that would have less value to a family in need, but still, funny.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Benjamindaines said:
I saw that too but it was an iBook at the time.

When moments like that make you cry you know you spend way too much time with your computer :p

I kid you of course but honestly computers are just material posessions and don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

I know!:p I just hate that. Sends a weird chill though....

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
imacintel said:
I know!:p I just hate that. Sends a weird chill though....
Haha it does send a weird chill, especially when you know one is sitting on your desk upstairs. But I do think it would have been cool to see the memory and HDD come flying out... When they did the iBook the keys just flew.. not that exciting.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Felldownthewell said:
This is like the blowing up the G4 thread. I think its funny!

Of course I wish they had destroyed something that would have less value to a family in need, but still, funny.
Yeah, that. This is a dark sid ethought, but how would you see someone die? Quick and panless likt the G4, or slow and painful, again and again and again until you completely dilusional and explode?i know...don't say it...

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
imacintel said:
Yeah, that. This is a dark sid ethought, but how would you see someone die? Quick and panless likt the G4, or slow and painful, again and again and again until you completely dilusional and explode?i know...don't say it...
I vote for Napalm. Napalm + Anything(anything not human, let me clarify)=Awesome

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Benjamindaines said:
Haha it does send a weird chill, especially when you know one is sitting on your desk upstairs. But I do think it would have been cool to see the memory and HDD come flying out... When they did the iBook the keys just flew.. not that exciting.
Yeah. when I Saw the MBP explode, The Superdrive and keys flew.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
imacintel said:
I was watching tv, and on The Comedy Network, there is a show called distraction(heard of it?). They give you prizes to ask you insanely hard questions while giving hard distractions(geese eating seed off you).
In the end, the lady who won had three prizes, but if you get more questions wrong that they ask you, they will destroy it. Anyway, the had an iMac G5 pre isight. She answered the question wrong, the iMac was destroyed. I nearly cried. You saw the RAM and hard drive fly out. I was so sad!!!!:( I also saw this happen to a MacBook Pro 17 inch!:(
How terrible! :mad:

I hate to see perfectly useable Macs be so wastefully destroyed. :(

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Good about time the start killing off the weaker ,old, PPC Mac... only the strong will live ***Hugs his intel Mac Mini****

:eek: