AAPL - Apple Stock

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Ferrarienzo, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Ferrarienzo macrumors newbie

Hi,

As an Apple fans, I own and love most Apple products. Recently I also put up more faith to purchase some quatity of Apple shares, just want to hear your opinion on how Apple stock will perform this year and why?

Personally, I think the current stock price, $553 (01/02/2014), is a good price to load. There are few new products that we rumored to release in 2014.

TV
    iWatch
    Bigger Iphone

I think this will boost the stock price to a new level, my estimation would be $625 in September. What do you think?

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I think that you shouldn't ask for stock advice on the internet and that you're making numbers up to make yourself feel good.

3. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

I agree with you, but I think that the stock should go higher than $625 if these products come out. Out of 55 polled investment analysts only 2 listed it as a sell as of 12/31/13. With a stock buy back and new product categories I don't see why AAPL can't hit a new all time high.

4. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Study: 49% of Analyst Ratings on the Dow 30 Were Incorrect in 2012

:p

5. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Just because Apple releases a new product doesn't mean that its stock will skyrocket. A new release may as well result in the stock price going down if the market doesn't see it as a success. Remember that Apple's stock used to be at up to $700, so it's not like Apple's stock price can't go down.

7. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

I understand that. Historically the stock price falls when a new iPhone is launched. I think that new product categories such as TV and wearables introduces a new customer base which equates to more revenue. Apple acquired 15 companies last year, they are not done innovating and I think that profits have not peeked.

8. mpantone macrumors 6502

The Dow is stupid. The S&P 500 is a way better barometer of U.S. blue-chip corporate performance.

Anyhow, analysts are often wrong. Most fund managers can't even beat the S&P 500 index.

But mobilehaathi is right. Don't solicit investment advice on the Internet.

9. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

Yes, BTFATH. There is no way the stock market will ever go down again.

-t