aarrrggghhh...mobileme mail slow on iphone

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by andiwm2003, Nov 19, 2008.

1. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

my 1st generation iphone loads the entire MacRumors website in 20sec via EDGE. So my reception is good, AT&T pumps internet data fast through.

However MobileMe takes about five minutes to check if I have new mails when I manually sync the mails. AAARRRGGGHHHHHH......

So i don't think a 3G phone would help. It seems apple is far slower than AT&T.

Why is that? Are apples servers for a bit of text info slower than MacRumors for Text, Graphics and Ad Banners?

Well, seems the 25 bucks for Arn are a better investment than the 69 bucks for FailMe.:mad:

Does anybody have a similar experience? Is there a solution to it?

It really bothers me because it makes it impossible to mail back and forth with somebody because you have to wait 5 min for the response and my mail takes about 1 min to upload.

2. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

When I set mine to push, I don't seem to have any delays. I think that they are also still trying to fix the bugs.

3. andiwm2003 thread starter macrumors 601

andiwm2003

well, push is hit or miss for me. sometimes the mail get pushed, sometimes not. for an email exchange i need something more reliable and fast.

4. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I find Mobileme frustrating at times as well.

5. andiwm2003 thread starter macrumors 601

andiwm2003

right now i'm recommending my GF to buy a Blackberry and not an iPhone. and if Blackberry comes out with a good model for internet (i guess they will soon have a opera browser or such) then i might go for a Bold with gmail in the near future. or for a google phone when they are more mature.

don't get me wrong, i love the concept of the iphone but the overall reliability of the phone and the service isn't good enough for me.

6. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I keep hearing about these awful Mobile Me experiences. I have had a couple of glitches, but nothing near what you or a lot of people are experiencing. Sorry to hear that. I love my iPhone and am fairly happy with my Mobile Me service.