AASP tech lost my screws

Relznuk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
UT, USA
Recently took my MacBook Pro to an authorized service provider for repair, and it came back with three case screws missing. Should I do something about this? Where can I get replacement screws?

ezramoore

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2006
Washington State
Everyone makes mistakes, take it back to the AASP and make them aware of it. If the tech who did the work (who you should be talking to) isn't falling all over himself ashamed/embarrassed then speak to his manager or take it somewhere else.

Relznuk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
UT, USA
I spoke with the tech today, and he denied everything and said those screws were missing when I brought it in.

I called Apple and explained, and 30 minutes later the tech called me back, apologized, and offered to mail me the screws (plus a few spares) and a $200 voucher to use at the store.

I guess Apple must've spoken with him (or his manager) and said something that changed his mind very quickly. Hah!

visim91

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
I spoke with the tech today, and he denied everything and said those screws were missing when I brought it in.

I called Apple and explained, and 30 minutes later the tech called me back, apologized, and offered to mail me the screws (plus a few spares) and a $200 voucher to use at the store.

I guess Apple must've spoken with him (or his manager) and said something that changed his mind very quickly. Hah!
Haha!! That put a great big smile on my face.

warvanov

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2011

Awesome! That's good customer service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.