ABC app

Discussion in 'iPad' started by backbraker25, May 13, 2010.

1. backbraker25 macrumors member

I am currently using the app to watch my favorite show LOST, unfortunately it does not seem to be up-to-date. As of today May 13th the latest episode of LOST is not available on the app. However it is prominently featured and accessible on the website.*

Is there something I am doing wrong? Or is the app not updated as frequently as the website?*

I really enjoy this app, so I would hope that if it is not currently being*simultaneously*updated with the website, that it will be in the near future.*

Btw. I use a VPN given I am in Canada. Not sure if that plays a role. * *

2. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

3. Peter Harrison macrumors 6502a

Peter Harrison

Sorry to be off-topic, but what's with all the uses of *?

4. Mshilling macrumors regular

It's *
    How *
    He *
    Ends *
    Each *
    Thought *
    It's *
    Kinda *
    Annoying *

5. backbraker25 thread starter macrumors member

That is weird! I didn't select any Asterisks when writing this message. I wrote it on my iPad. Anyway disregard them.

So typically, the ABC app is current with the content on the site? I hope so.

6. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

No, I said it is behind.

7. backbraker25 thread starter macrumors member

No, you said it "seems" to be behind. Which would indicate or suggest that it is typically current.

8. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

No, "seems" does not necessarily imply irony, surprise, or that a state of affairs is different from the norm. It refers only to appearance or perhaps uncertainty. The exact implication depends on context and motive.

The ABC app has ALWAYS seemed to me as behind -- for me, THAT is the norm. The sun ALWAYS seems to rise from the east. This may be because it does, or it may be because it is an illusion -- the statement itself does not necessarily suggest either.

The reason I used "seems" was because I cannot be sure, since I have checked only two shows.

Merriam-Webster:

Main Entry:seem
    Pronunciation:*s*m
    Function:intransitive verb
    Etymology:Middle English semen, of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Norse s*ma to honor, s*mr fitting, samr same— more at SAME
    Date:13th century

1 : to appear to the observation or understanding
    2 : to give the impression of being

Google Dictionary:

http://www.google.com/dictionary?langpair=en|en&q=seem&hl=en&aq=f

9. mklnk macrumors regular

I think this is to push viewers toward on-air broadcasts of Lost coming up to the finale. I think I've watched FlashForward on fridays with the ABC app before.

10. backbraker25 thread starter macrumors member

Wow! I was not expecting a lesson. However you should have been more precise in your statement in order to avoid confusion given your broad knowledge of the English language.

Thanks for your curt reply anyway.

11. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

There appears to be a problem. I can usually watch "V" on Wed. Yesterday May 11th episode was listed but wouldn't play. I tried again Wed evening and it wasn't even listed anymore. I hope they get it fixed

Eric

12. backbraker25 thread starter macrumors member

I hope so too. Just got my iPad and love the idea of watching LOST the following day as much as I want.

13. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

I'm also trying to watch last nights episode of happy town, but it hasn't been updated either.

14. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Ive been watching LOST as well. I started on season one tho..
    The only problem I have encountered is now I'm on season 2, episode "the long con" and it will not play!
    Any other episode will play. It just sucks cause I dont really wanna skip the episode. Ive never seen the show before.. Hopefully the app gets an update soon to address everyones problems.

15. tacoshell macrumors regular

Tried watching Kimmel last Wednesday cause it had Jorge Garcia from Lost, and it was also not updated on the ABC app, but was on the web.

16. tacoshell macrumors regular

Don't miss the Long Con.
    One option I have been using is you can go to the website and play the videos there. I was doing that for the Lost featuretes, like the Dharma Mysteries. You can not get it in 'Full Screen' but you can zoom it and it looks pretty good. Might work for that episode.

17. GamecockMac macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

18. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Yea Id really like to not miss that episode..im sooooo hooked on that show now! :)
    Are you saying go to the website on the iPad or a computer? Id like to watch it on the iPad if possible..
    Ill have to give it a try tonight.
    Thanks!

19. tacoshell macrumors regular

On the iPad. That is how I watched the shorts. Good luck!

ps Before two months ago I had never seen an episode. After a number of marathon viewings, I am officially caught up and watching em as they air.

20. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

NVM. figured it out.

Also, I hope ABC fixes this issue.