Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobbigre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
Is anyone else having problems with ABC Player - I am getting an error "Unable to connect to the server - Please check you connection and restart the application"

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
You're not on wifi via a web proxy, are you? I get that error when I forget to disable my ad block proxy.

sandkicks

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2008
ABC Player app issues

Hi when I fired up my ipad 3 g and sync all my stuff. The abc player app worked great. But now it says it is unable to connect to the server. My wifi is all up and ready to go. Anyone else having this problem.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I just tired it and it was fine. I have only a lowly wifi model though.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I just tired it and it was fine. I have only a lowly wifi model though.

If you're having issues and others are as well it's possible it's ABC and all the new owners are crashing the system. I can fire it up again in a minute to see if I have the same luck.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Not working for me either. I've only fired it up twice over the past 15 minutes or so, but it's telling me the same thing...can't connect to server.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I just tried (as I said I would) and you're right ... it is not connecting. Again, I think it's everyone playing with it for the first time. It could have been like this on launch day as well.

conan-kun

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
Ohio, USA
got it to work

didn't work for me... but I disabled the Cellular data function (aka 3G) and it worked... not sure what's up, but somehow the 3G and Wifi together caused it not to work for me.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
Two or three times now the app just stops when I'm watching Lost..
When I re start it, it restarts the episode.... Can you fast forward or rewind these shows? I haven't been able to figure it out... I just watched 3/4 of an episode and now I can't get back to where i was. I don't want to watch it all over again...

Thanks

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
Sorry I'm retarded. It's fast forwarding now....
I guess i wasn't touching it right before...
Sorry.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
Can someone test happy town "slight of hand" episode an tell me if it plays. The only one I have missed and the darn thing is not working.
On the ABC app of course.

Thx all

I will go try to see if that show plays right now.

I know with LOST I had one specific episode that would not play. I had to end up watching it on the computer..

EDIT: yep that episode plays fine for me.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
Thanks for checking, mine is still failing. Not sure why.:confused:

Is it failing on start up? I honestly can't say I watched more than 20seconds. I just checked if it played. I waited till the first commercial was over and the show did start.
When the episode of lost wasn't playing for me, it wouldn't even play the first commercial. Is this what your getting?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.