Abee Type 02 Case shipped by pocomaru.com

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TestedLion, Nov 7, 2011.

1. TestedLion, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

TestedLion macrumors member

Hey everyone!

Just received my Abee Type 02 Black iPhone 4S case from the excellent people at www.pocomaru.com today.

First, I have to give a big shout-out to the people at Pocomaru - without going into big details...I *thought* there was a shipping problem (which never occurred)..which the people at Pocomaru handled professionally & impressively. If I had to, I would order from them again and recommend them to anyone. Online purchasing (unless from Amazon, etc.) is always a little risky..but, the folks at Pocomaru know how to handle their customers properly.

1) Shipping from vendor - Fast. Shipping within 24 hours of order.
    2) Packaging from vendor - perfect. USPS priority mail, bubble wrap, etc. Product arrived in perfect shape.
    3) Web-images from vendor - excellent. I knew what I was ordering and received what I expected.

4) The product itself:

comments -

The machining of the case is excellent. The edges are both angular, yet smooth. A treat to hold in my hand. I think the case 'feels' similarly to how the naked iPhone 4S feels in my hand.

I specifically wanted a case which both showed off my phone, offered drop protection, and also retained the industrial geometry of the iPhone 4S..in addition to being smudge/finger-oil proof.

The case comes with a hex-wrench along with 2 extra screws. The case (front and back piece) each attach with their own 4 hex screws. 8 screws in total, 2 extra come free (along with the necessary hex-wrench). The case also has 2 nicely drilled holes for a wrist-tether..if that's your thing. If you aren't into the tether, the holes for the tether are on the back aspect of the case..out of sight for the most part.

Padding: The front piece of the case and the back piece each have a thin pad. The iPhone *entirely* and *only* makes contact with this pad. Your iPhone doesn't touch *at all* the aluminum case. When screwed together, the phone is held immovably and snugly.

finger prints: Nope. They don't happen. Scratches. Nope. I've been smearing my fingers across the case since getting it...and finger prints just don't show up. Casually dragging keys across the surface of the case leaves an initial mark..but it wipes off with my shirt.

hand-feel: Excellent! Yes..this case adds a tad-bit of bulk (it's still very narrow..hardly wider than the iPhone except at the corners) but it offers excellent grip and gives a very industrial and solid "grip" to the iPhone. The space between the anterior & posterior aspect of the case provides extra surface area to hold onto. Of course, if you want to add a tether, there are those nicely drilled holes on the back case, lower/upper corners.

protection from drop: Who knows. I'm not the type to drop my iPhone...but at least I know it *can* fall and not directly strike the ground.

signal loss: I had five bars before putting the case on. I have four bars now. I don't have any other way to check signal strength other than looking at my iPhone home screen. I made some calls, they are all perfectly clear. The speedtest.net utility (over wireless) shows the speed I normally would expect over my home network.

and here is the album of images:

http://imgur.com/a/QwFLr#0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hizzaah macrumors 6502

To get accurate cellular signal strength readings, dial *3001#12345#* on you phone and it'll show your bars as dB readings. They're negative numbers so the closer to zero, the better. Just hit the home button and it'll exit the field test and everything will be back to normal :) I wonder how come more case reviewers don't use this feature on the iPhone..

Thanks for taking the time to review this case though! Looks great!

3. TestedLion, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

TestedLion thread starter macrumors member

Coolness...Just dialed...

-79 to -80 ...I have no idea if that is good or poor...but, my calls are clear.

4. FtrV8 macrumors regular

FtrV8

IMO: Ive would probably throw up if he saw this.

Again just my opinion.

5. TestedLion thread starter macrumors member

Yes. This is exactly the type of case which some people loathe..and others love. There is no middle ground.

I wonder why Apple didn't release their own elegant product aside from their rather weak bumper.