Ability to edit contacts disappeared and so has contact groups

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by brasskey, Mar 14, 2012.

1. brasskey macrumors regular

I've noticed this problem since I first jailbroke my phone but I just haven't gotten around to posting. Not sure if it's jailbreak-related, but I thought it might be so I posted here. I jailbroke with RedSn0w a few days after the 5.0.1 jailbreak came out. When I click on an individual contact, the "Edit" button that should be on the top right corner of each contact has disappeared. I have tried closing out the app and restarting the phone, but neither has fixed the problem.

[​IMG]

Also, when I click on my Contacts app (or get to Contacts through the Phone app) and then click on "Groups" on the top left corner, I get a blank screen instead of my list of contact groups. Since there's no groups to click on, the only way I can get back to my contacts list is to close out the app. Any ideas as to what my problems may be? Below are my phone specs.

iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 5.0.1 (9A405)
    Firmware 04.11.08

[​IMG]

2. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

It has nothing to do with iOS. I was jailbroke on 5, 5.01 and now 5.1 and the option to edit contact is there. Groups are controlled by where you are saving them. The stock contact app does not have Group add/delete ability only the option to view Groups.

I used Google Contacts and now (because of the cloud) use Outlook Contacts and my Groups work just fine. I create a Group in Outlook and it instantly syncs to my iPhone. Same happened when I was using my Gmail Contacts.

Hope that helps;)

3. brasskey thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks, I'll try that.

4. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

this happened to a friend of mine, the only way we managed to get it back was to turn on sync contacts to outlook in itunes...very weird