Ability to turn off Data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by asdfTT123, Dec 5, 2007.

1. asdfTT123 macrumors regular

I'm considering purchasing an unlocked iPhone for use with my current T-Mobile plan which does not have a data plan on it. If I use the iPhone, is it possible to turn of EDGE or whatever may cause extraneous costs on my T-Mobile bill? This may be a dumb question but if I run the iPhone on another provider will it result in any other charges or should everything be fine just like with my current cell? I will still be able to use Wi-Fi and other features free of charge as long as EDGE is turned off, correct?

2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

you should be able to put incorrect edge connection details in which will stop it ever connecting but will probably give you errors if you try and connect when not in a wi fi area

3. jamestemroot macrumors member

You can download the serverices app from installer, that allows you to control on / off for all the different connections: edge, bluetooth, wifi, ssh.