Ability to view "My Posts"

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by AppleFan360, Jan 23, 2009.

1. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to install the following product?

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=125529

What it does is add a "View My Posts" link to the quick links menu. I find it handy when I want to view the threads I have participated in rather than subscribing to them. I know the same thing can be done using the search feature but this method is much quicker.

The product is very easy to install.

Thanks for your consideration.

2. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Make a bookmark with this link:

Code:
    forums.macrumors.com/search.php?do=process&starteronly=0&searchuser=[b]username[/b]&exactname=1
    replacing username with your username.

put it in the bookmarks bar or use it about 70 times a day and soon as soon as you type 'f' into the address bar it will be the first or second suggestion by your browser of choice.

It will give you a list of threads you've replied in listing the ones with unread replies in bold.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Here's the link for Chris Blount.

http://forums.macrumors.com/search....sortby=lastpost&order=descending&searchdate=0

Don't forget the %20 where a space would be.

MacRumors' forums have some added hacks. Any new added VBulletin feature has to be considered in light of how it works or doesn't work with the existing setup... but I'm sure one of the admins will give you some feedback on this request at some point. :)

4. AppleFan360 thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks for the replies but the search link you mention is not quite the same thing (although useful).

What this product does is an actual search to the post level and not the thread level. What's nice is that you click and it goes directly to your post in the thread. Then you can scroll down and see what was posted after your post.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I quite like the sound of this actually.

6. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

But if you click the [​IMG] it does exactly that. (or am I missing something? :eek: Does this mean the search never expires? It goes there regardless of your last log-in? Because that would be helpful, I hate when I clear my unread marks and have to find my last post) It would be very handy if this were integrated into our quick links menu.

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Something more like this?

Search

As mentioned, arn tries to minimize the number of add-ons we use because they have a tendency to break things over time. That's not to say that we're giving you an automatic "no" on this suggestion, but we are extremely selective about what we add.

8. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Can't this be accomplished by clicking on "Final all posts by this user" in your profile?

irmongoose

9. AppleFan360 thread starter macrumors 68020

Yep, that's what it does. It lists all of your posts starting from the most recent.

10. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I see. Yes that would be handy. I find it a bit frustrating when I log in and lose my place because I didn't have the time to look at all the unread posts in the sometimes rather short window you're given before those unread marks clear. I get along OK with the current system but I like the idea. :)

WildC, Is there a way to add the:
    Code:
    forums.macrumors.com/search.php?do=process&starteronly=0&searchuser=username&exactname=1
    search into our quick links menu by user? (so that it knows the username automatically if you are signed in) I am sure it is a lot easier for MR if we all just bookmark it and that's fine by me but it might be easier for the users if something like that were added. All this assuming no hacks/add-ons need installing to add something like that. Just a thought.

11. AppleFan360 thread starter macrumors 68020

No big deal and thanks for at least looking. I use it on a forum that I run and it's a feature that a lot of people use. It's a nice "one click" option.

Take care.