Able to get iPhone X before Nov 3?

Super Xander

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
Denmark
Hey
Since a lot are seeing Prepare to ship is it then possible to get the iPhone X before Friday? Has it been seen before, that people rechieves products from preordering before the original launch day?

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
generally speaking, no.

Occasionally it happens where a shipping company makes a mistake and lets a few slip through but as a whole it just isn't something to expect.

Polaroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2013
Three is still listing my delivery as 30th Oct, so Monday... that is the date when signing up, on my email and also on my account page for Three..

Here's hoping :p

Super Xander

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
Denmark
generally speaking, no.

Occasionally it happens where a shipping company makes a mistake and lets a few slip through but as a whole it just isn't something to expect.
What if it arrive in the country one or two days before and just waiting to go out on November 3. do you think it is possible to go to the package house and get the package yourself?

I remember last year that the iPhone 7 was in a UPS placement a few days before delivery (only 30 miles away) and I thought about trying to get it.
[doublepost=1509202796][/doublepost]
Three is still listing my delivery as 30th Oct, so Monday... that is the date when signing up, on my email and also on my account page for Three..

Thought more about Nov. 2. so everyone at work could see it on friday before weekend ;)

CiccioAtSea

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2010
Principality of Monaco
What if it arrive in the country one or two days before and just waiting to go out on November 3. do you think it is possible to go to the package house and get the package yourself?

I remember last year that the iPhone 7 was in a UPS placement a few days before delivery (only 30 miles away) and I thought about trying to get it.
[doublepost=1509202796][/doublepost]
Thought more about Nov. 2. so everyone at work could see it on friday before weekend ;)

Man, Friday is not so far... calm down ;-)

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
The shipping companies know to hold delivery, even if it’s at the distribution center early.

Every year a few slip through and are delivered early, but literally a handful out of millions means that your chances of getting it early are infinitesimal.

Reactions: Relentless Power

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
The shipping companies know to hold delivery, even if it’s at the distribution center early.

Every year a few slip through and are delivered early, but literally a handful out of millions means that your chances of getting it early are infinitesimal.
I Read an article a while back where it was talking about how Apple was very specific with delivery carriers that the phones can't be released until the actual release day. But as you said, some do end up being delivered early. I imagine it's somewhat difficult to control when carriers are delivering millions of iPhones across the world.

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
If I remember correctly, iPhone 4 delivered a day early for a number of people...I seem to recall that, but that’s probably not gonna happen this time.

Hatton920

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012

Mine is showing the exact same

It won't happen tho as my DPD isn't showing anything on my account and I don't think three will have any Iphone x at the moment in the warehouse.

Attachments

Polaroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2013
Mine is showing the exact same

It won't happen tho as my DPD isn't showing anything on my account and I don't think three will have any Iphone x at the moment in the warehouse.
How do you check with DPD? I don have any details?

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
If I remember correctly, iPhone 4 delivered a day early for a number of people...I seem to recall that, but that’s probably not gonna happen this time.
Yep. I remember that. I think UPS goofed and then SJ email got so many complaints from people who's phones were still embargoed that Apple told UPS to delivery all phones a day before launch.

Artimus12

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2011
YooKay
Courier companies face being excluded from future contracts with Apple if they deliver early. Operators who have stock early can sometimes jump the gun though.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I Read an article a while back where it was talking about how Apple was very specific with delivery carriers that the phones can't be released until the actual release day. But as you said, some do end up being delivered early. I imagine it's somewhat difficult to control when carriers are delivering millions of iPhones across the world.
It’s like when the 5th, 6th, 7th Harry Potter books came out. They were held for delivery, but a few lucky folks got theirs a day or two early. The glee was similar. :)

Reactions: KrisLord

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
I believe Apple demands the shipping service hold the package until Nov 3.

Even if you go to the shipping center, they wouldn’t give it to you. At least they shouldn’t be.

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
I got my iPhone 4 a couple days early and ended up in an overnight line with my girlfriend to get hers. I brought mine with and it was quite a scene.
Yup. I remember those days!

Even lining up for pre-orders or on launch day were easier back then because only AT&T carried iPhones back in 2010.

Reactions: Ntombi