Able to have both iLife '06 and iLife '08?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TimJim, Feb 14, 2008.

1. TimJim macrumors 6502a

If i get iLife '08, would i be able to keep iLife '06 installed on my computer or no?

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

I think it'll depend on which app.

I know, for example, that you can have multiple versions of iMovie installed at once without issue--I've done this several times in the past. I assume Garage Band would be the same.

The apps with a library, pretty sure that won't work--iTunes almost certainly not, but maybe if you pointed two different versions of iPhoto at different libraries it might work.

With iDVD it comes down to where all the extras are stored--if it's all in-package, then two should be fine. If it's looking for resources in an Application Support folder, probably not.

3. BullBoyKennels macrumors member

Not sure why you would wanna keep both. Now you are able to install iMovie 06 while having iLife 08. One thing to note is you can have two of the same app's installed but you have to rename one of them prior to installing the second one. There may be limitations as to which apps you can do this with.

4. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

I'm not too sure about iLife. But I have both iWork 06 and iWork 08, and they both work independently. So I'm guessing iLife is the same.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

try it out i guess youve got a backup of iLife '06 on disc. when i installed iWork '08 it kept '06 in my apps folder.