Able to self Upgrade Ram with non-removable battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Donz0r, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, i'm sorry if this has already been addressed

Are we still able to upgrade the ram and/or hard drive now that the battery doesn't come out?

On the MacBooks you could always remove the battery for access to the RAM and Hard Drive.

Thanks

2. MaTiCeK macrumors member

I'd love to know this as well.

Also, can you use whatever mic you like on the new 13" MBP's audio input or does it have to be iPhone compatible? Am asking this, because I often record ideas for songs I write by just plugging the guitar into my MBP (1. gen) and recording it in GarageBand.

3. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

4. striatedglutes macrumors 6502

I don't see why this would have changed?

5. Donz0r thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm sure you'll be able to. It can EITHER function as audio in OR audio out, that would be crazy if they would only let you put audio in by using iphone headphones, what would be the point then?

because there's only 1 audio in/out port on the new 13'' mbp

6. Carressa macrumors member

When I went to order my new 13 MBP I was told that Yes the Ram and the HD are both user upgradeable.

7. MaTiCeK macrumors member

So many good news in one thread :)

I'll skip the iPhone this year and will buy a 13" MBP instead.

(I'm from Slovenia, probably the only european country that doesn't have the iPhone officially. Lucky for us though, our neighbours in Italia sell sim-unlocked iPhones in prepaid packs without any contract. But it comes at a premium, 500 eur for low end, 560 for high end. It's almost half of 13" MBP price).

8. striatedglutes macrumors 6502

Not sure how i missed that, but it still says in/out, so you're probably fine :confused: