Able to share purchased apps between 2 iPhones?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by rvancil, Jun 24, 2009.

1. rvancil macrumors member

I own 2 3GS's, well technically one is my wifes, but I bought them both at the same time. My question is this, I have purchased many apps through iTunes, am I able to put my apps on both phones or do I have to re-purchase them all?

Thanks in advance!

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You can use your purchased apps on both phones. :)

3. nbnbcar macrumors newbie

4. rvancil thread starter macrumors member

How do I do it if we each have our own iTunes accounts?

5. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

Best of my knowledge you can't. They have to be on the same iTunes account.

This is how my wife and I do it. We share an iTunes account but have our own computers. She has a PC and I have.....a.....well.....good computer. :D

Steve

6. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

you just have to activate your itunes accounts on both computers thats about it.

7. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

You can authorize eachother to play the others music an then you can share apps too.

8. enter macrumors member

So is this possible. Someone uses my itunes account to gain access to my apps. They dl the app onto their phones and log off my iTunes account. Then they just continue using their own iTunes account in the future?

9. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

Yes.

Me and my friend does it. I've authorized his account on my pc and vica versa. Now we can download and install apps that each of us buy and only pay the once.

10. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

yes... hubby and i share our apps but each have our own itunes account.... i buy the apps cuz i put the card codes into my itunes... then he logs in and downloads them....

11. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Technically yes. But you are not allowed to do so as apple clearly mentions that the apps you license(yes license to use and not bought to own) from App Store can be downloaded on upto 5 computers(you own) authorized with that iTunes Account. So we have a maximum 5 computer limit. And to make it worse App store terms again states that these apps must be downloaded only on the iDevice you own. So you cant simply sync your friends iPhone/iPT with your computer and allow them to use the apps for free.

You can however do all this and will most probably not be troubled by Apple. But just so you know, it is not allowed.