Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikemodena

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Connecticut
I've got my Xbox 360 hooked up to my Westinghouse LTV-19w6 and I'm getting really abnormal colors.. some things that should be green are orange like the XBox logo and Main Menu but the grass in EUFA Cup is still green but kind of dull.. blue's and purples mix and red is black. I've checked all the composite connections and they are all correct. I have moved every cable so that they aren't crossing any other cables, but it's still the same. I checked the User's Manual for the TV and it said that the only other cause of abnormal colors could be a distribution amplifier from the signal path.. but I'm not sure what that means. I don't have my HDTV tuner set up yet because I need to go buy a DVI cable for that tomorrow morning, but I plugged the regular co-ax in and although it looks crappy the colors are fine. I assume that buying the XBox VGA cable would fix this but is there anything I can do to avoid giving best buy another $42 after I just spent $750 on this whole setup?

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Make sure your connections are right. All too often I mistake the green for the blue.

Also for component, my projector has a YCbCr and YPbPr setting. I use YPbPr for XB360...

EDIT:

I can't add in this forum another reply.

What XB360 cable are you using? Some of the 3rd party ones stink. Make sure you use the MS brand...

Maclarny

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2003
MN
I have the same set-up, very nice TV for the price; can't say I've been experiencing any similar problems. It's set to 1080i with component cables. Also hooked up to my PowerMac; very convenient for a dorm. :p

mikemodena

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Connecticut
Make sure your connections are right. All too often I mistake the green for the blue.

Also for component, my projector has a YCbCr and YPbPr setting. I use YPbPr for XB360...

I checked the green and the blue.. they're in the right spots.. I even tried to switching them to see what happens but then I don't get a signal at all. The TV only has YPbPr.. so :/

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Different TV, but I am in the same boat as you....only mine is intermittant, sometimes its normal, sometimes its just like what you describe. I am using component cables....the xBox 360 branded variety...

jstarrett

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2007
still need help

I have the same problem. I've check the green blue and red cable and they are right!! What do i check next?? is there a setting on my TV??

jstarrett

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2007
yes HDTV switched on. Works great then 2-5 minutes into a game it turns all green. is this the spring update??

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Might want to check your tv, mine does it at home, but took the 360 to a friend's house with a different TV and it didn't do it...:confused:

fsudaft

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2007
Tallahassee, FL
My uncle had this same problem when he first got his. Try moving the power brick further away from the console. For him, moving it seemed to solve the problem.

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
My uncle had this same problem when he first got his. Try moving the power brick further away from the console. For him, moving it seemed to solve the problem.

That is interesting because one thought that had occured to me was that my cables often rest close to or against my power brick at home, and at my friends house they were no where near each other....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.