Abnormal Ringer Switch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hankuknamza, Jul 18, 2008.

1. hankuknamza macrumors newbie

I just picked up 16gig black yesterday and the ringer switch when changed to vibrate mode it clicks smoothy down, but when switching back to ring mode you have to force it up with no clicky feeling.

I read from other threads that some users are also experiencing this. I already put on BestSkinsEver on it and I'm wondering if I should take it off and go exchange it or just live with it?

Well, I can live with it, but I'm worried later on the switch will break off (like some people experienced). Any thoughts?

2. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

take it back. I had the same issue on the phone i bought on july 11th. Eventually its going to get worse. My friends switch actually broke off due to having to push up on it really hard to get it into position.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Definitely take it back. My v1 iPhone had the same problem and they switched it out after two days. Make sure you take back everything and the box, b/c you want to get a brand new 3G iPhone and not one of those in the refurb boxes.

4. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

They wont give u a refurb, they dont have any yet. The ones in the little boxes are replacement phones with just the phone, no charger and whatnot. They are brand new.

5. The General macrumors 601

My friend's was like that too! I told him to send it back to Apple. He was quite disappointed. :(

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

That's probably true; but I like having the Box to match the iPhone Serial Number that's on the iPhone...but that's just me.:cool: