Abort Script Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adamman41, Sep 1, 2010.

1. adamman41 macrumors regular

Hey guys, I just got a new macbook pro and transferred from my old macbook all files.

I just came upon the issue that if I try to load stattracker on yahoo fantasysports or slingbox on slingbox.com, the loading of these pages always fails and firefox or safari freeze before giving me a message that I must abort a script. This is a major pain as I use these sites a lo and I'm sure this issue will be on many more sites to come. What could be the problem??

And another side issue, my internet is great where I am, but when I enter into an ichat video chat, I can see every1 I video with perfectly while I appear incredibly laggy and they cant hear me well at all either. Any help would be awesome

2. adamman41 thread starter macrumors regular

3. moel macrumors 6502

The 'script has become unresponsive' error is usually flash related.

The good news however, is that you don't have to abort it. You can let it run, and it'll be fine in 8/10 cases. 2 or 3/10 times it'll crash safari/flash tho

As for iChat, i'm guessing your sat behind a wireless router, and your port forwarding isn't set up correctly on the router.

The following ports need shoving thru to your machine, according to Apple

5060, 5190, 5297, 5298, 5353, 5678, and 16384 through 16403.

They must be both tcp and udp.

4. adamman41 thread starter macrumors regular

i just uninstalled and reinstalled flash, still get the error, hitting no, just causes it to still freeze

5. moel macrumors 6502

Yeah..uninstalling and reinstalling won't fix anything

it's down to the ***** programming of whatever flash it's running...hold on i'll check it on my machine.

6. moel macrumors 6502

i can't find the stat tracker thing you speak of...i've somehow signed up to that yahoo fantasy thing, but can't see it.

7. adamman41 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for trying. i found out its a problem on yahoo's end. But my other issue is on slingbox.com I get an unresponsive script error that doesn't let me watch slingbox on the website, this hasn't happened before. Don't know what it could be. It gives me a specific file that the script is having trouble with or whatever.