About 2018 15inch protection

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by qkrgusdb33, Oct 22, 2018.

1. qkrgusdb33 macrumors newbie

Just got my macbook today and I'm thinking of getting some protection for my macbook

At first I was defently thinking of getting a hardshell case but I heard it's bad on the hinge and screen etc..

So I'm thinking of getting a full skin on the macbook and on the screen and cover for the keyboard but I think I heard cover on the keyboard and screen is not recommended as well..
    Is this all true ? Then whats the best way to protect my macbook ?

2. Howard2k macrumors 68020

Howard2k

I have a microfibre sleeve and a little microfibre keyboard cover that I slip in between the screen and keyboard before closing it.

3. leman macrumors G3

What do you want to protect it from? Keyboard covers can damage the laptop since there is very little space between the keys and the display. And I haven't seen a hardshell case yet that would cause scratches...

IMO, laptop is most exposed to damage during transport. So making sure you have a good sleeve+bag for transportation will already go a long way towards avoiding accidental damage.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have a dbrand skin on mine, and it works well, I'm pleased with the quality.

5. jerryk macrumors 601

I had a hard shell on my 2015 mbp. When I took off 3 years later the unit looked like new. The tradein people agreed and gave me top dollar.

I never put anything on my screens. Just don’T wipe them too often and you will be fine

6. qkrgusdb33 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is your hinge fine ?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 24, 2018 ---
    Isn't skin bad for thermal issue ?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 24, 2018 ---
    Why ? what does that protect from ?

7. Howard2k macrumors 68020

Howard2k

Potentially, it should reduce oil transfer from the fingers to the keys to the screen and minimize the keyboard impressions the result on the screen.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I had not noticed any difference

9. jerryk macrumors 601

Yep. No issues with hinge