About AppleCare for iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SR71, Jun 13, 2011.

1. SR71 macrumors 68000

Well, I just traded my Android Phone for an iPhone and while I was trading at the Verizon store, the Verizon Rep told me I wouldn't be able to add the Verizon Total Service Coverage, however the Rep did not mention anything about me buying AppleCare as a warranty service for my iPhone.

Will there be any issues in the future if I purchase AppleCare for my iPhone?

Again, I DID NOT BUY THE PHONE. I traded it for my Android Phone, so please be aware of that lol.

Thanks.

2. chr macrumors regular

You can add AppleCare no problem; you might also consider SquareTrade if you're looking for more complete coverage.

3. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

I've heard bad things about SquareTrade, plus AppleCare is only $69 so it's inexpensive for the great things it offers protection from. ;)

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Just make sure you buy AppleCare for the iPhone before the factory warranty expires. Otherwise you can extend the warranty once that happens.

5. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

You do realize that AppleCare does not cover accidental damages, such as broken screen or back, or accidental water damage? It's merely an extension of the one year warranty. Not that it's bad at all and I had it for my 3G iPhone and iPhone 4. My 3G was replaced twice and my 4 has been replaced once under AppleCare.