? about applecare

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ajohnson253, Jan 26, 2012.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I don't know if I should have made a thread about this but, I picked up a mid 2011 MBA and within the next couple months going to put applecare on it or would like to. I do not have the original receipt that the original owner had when he purchased it. I bought this machine off of someone via craigslist just cash for MBA. I do not need the receipt for anything do I?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Apple will have the serial number of the machine, but it would be registered in the previous owners name....Just give them a call and they will sort it out for you.

3. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Ok thanks. The Guy told me he has not yet registered it and I could just hook it up with AppleCare blah blah blah I wasn't really paying attention because I was so psyched on the deal and the air that was in front of my face haha

4. Hawkeye16 macrumors regular

Yes, as long as it is within the 1st year after purchase (under warranty still) the AppleCare can be purchased for it.

I personally think AppleCare is a must for something as expensive as this. If you are a student you can get a discount and some companies have discounts too!

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can verify your remaining warranty/AppleCare coverage by entering your serial number here.

6. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Yeah I'm good I checked that out last night I am under warranty until around Jan 6th of 2013. I will definitely pick up AppleCare before then. :p