? about applecare

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
I don't know if I should have made a thread about this but, I picked up a mid 2011 MBA and within the next couple months going to put applecare on it or would like to. I do not have the original receipt that the original owner had when he purchased it. I bought this machine off of someone via craigslist just cash for MBA. I do not need the receipt for anything do I?

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Apple will have the serial number of the machine, but it would be registered in the previous owners name....Just give them a call and they will sort it out for you.
Ok thanks. The Guy told me he has not yet registered it and I could just hook it up with AppleCare blah blah blah I wasn't really paying attention because I was so psyched on the deal and the air that was in front of my face haha

Hawkeye16

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Iowa
Yes, as long as it is within the 1st year after purchase (under warranty still) the AppleCare can be purchased for it.

I personally think AppleCare is a must for something as expensive as this. If you are a student you can get a discount and some companies have discounts too!

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
You can verify your remaining warranty/AppleCare coverage by entering your serial number here.
Yeah I'm good I checked that out last night I am under warranty until around Jan 6th of 2013. I will definitely pick up AppleCare before then. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.