About Battery..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Woojun912, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Woojun912 macrumors member

Is it me or does Late 2011/Early 2012 13" Macbook Pro battery runs fast not being on the charger? I've realized when I'm on youtube or not even being on youtube. But just having some tabs open such as: Mac Rumors, Facebook, tumblr and email. It runs from being 4hrs30minutes or something to 1hrs/2hrs hours even 50 minutes left. I'm not that worried but I just noticed it now. :eek: :confused:

2. simsaladimbamba

Adobe Flash Player is CPU intensive, thus more power is needed to feed the CPU, which results in higher temperatures and often higher fan speed(s) on mobile computers. As more power is used due to Flash, the battery life of mobile computers is shortened by a good bit.
    To check, if Adobe Flash Player is responsible for less battery time or the heat, go to Applications / Utilities / Activity Monitor and select to show ALL PROCESSES and sort by CPU.

There are a variety of Flash blockers for all the four major browsers available.
    A Flash blocker does what it says, it blocks Flash content, but via a click on the marked Flash object, the Flash object can be activated and used.

• Safari: ClickToFlash, for which there is an extension and a plug-in; CTF allows you to download YouTube and other kinds of MPEG-4 encoded video too.
    • Opera: has a built-in Flash blocker
    • Firefox: Flashblock is an add-on to block Flash
    • Chrome: FlashBlock is an extension to block Flash

Also make sure to have the latest Adobe Flash Player version running, you can get it here.​

image below uses sorting by CPU as an example
    [​IMG]
    Further reading:
    ______________________________________________________​

3. thundersteele macrumors 68030

There is no early 2012 MBP!

Yes, depending on what you do, the battery can run out very fast. You should check activity monitor (see Simsas post) to find out which processes are using a lot of CPU % - these processes are what make your battery run down.