About Buying Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vodafone user, Nov 3, 2011.

1. vodafone user macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I am thinking of buying Macbook Pro 13.3 ( October-2011 ).

So what do you say, should I buy it now or there will be a redesign in few months later ??

it is about $1440.

Thanks in advance ;)

2. simsaladimbamba

We don't know, there is a rumour about a redesign every year, but as Apple hold onto the previous MBP's design for more than five years, and the current design is "only" three years old, it might not happen.

Anyway, if you need a new computer now, buy one now. If not, and you can wait for at least six months, then wait.

You can also use the Advanced Search to find similar topics, as they come up more than once a day.

[​IMG]

3. vodafone user thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I am currently having Sony Vaio I7 ( NB ) the latest one..

but I said i am gonna buy apple .. just for trying it ..

it is 1424 Dollar @ amazon .. does it worth it ?!

thanks

4. simsaladimbamba

I don't know, if it is worth it. That is up to you. My mind just works better with Mac OS X, especially with multi tasking. I can have up to 25 applications running, either with 4GB RAM, thus a bit slower, or with 8GB RAM, thus a bit faster, and don't experience any crashes (except Safari is lately throwing a fit), something I couldn't do in Windows, but I switched before Windows Vista and Seven, which are also too coloured for me, which distracts me completely.

Maybe have a look here to learn more about Mac OS X:

Or use the Advanced Search to find thousands of similar threads, in were the merits of MBPs and Mac OS X are discussed ad infinitum.

5. vodafone user thread starter macrumors newbie

6. palpatine macrumors 68040

This is an endlessly debated question. Is it (whatever it is) worth it? There are lots of threads.

People will tell you lots of stuff, but I think the best thing to do is sit down and have a Mac user (or a genius in the Apple store) show you how they use it each day. As soon as I saw the gorgeous unibody design, software like VoodooPad, Finder, Scrivener and so forth, OSX handwritten character recognition (for Asian characters), global use of macrons, etc. I was ready to change, and it was definitely worth it.

A lot of people wouldn't care about any of that stuff. So, it is up to you. I like W7 a lot, but love OSX and all of the great Apple software :)