Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drkeng

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
I made the mistake of putting some engraving on the ipad I ordered 3/12, scheduled to ship 4/4. If I can get one this weekend, do you think I'll be able to cancel my order?
I tried to edit my order to no engraving, but they won't let you do that#&**%$--don't know why. It says if you want no engraving you have to cancel and re-order, which would mean potentially another 3-5 week wait. I thought about changing the engraving to just a period so then maybe I could sell it to someone (for cost).
That said, it's tempting to cancel now, 'cuz it seems they're becoming more available. I kind of thought they'd fill orders more quickly.
BTW, it kind of sucks that they're not filling orders as fast as they can, given that we've paid for them. They're too into the "hype" of people waiting in line. It's not even getting any publicity, just pissing people off as those who ordered aren't getting them and people seem to be watching the same people day after day buying them to resell or ship to other countries. Stupid.

kdoug

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa City, IA USA
I made the mistake of putting some engraving on the ipad I ordered 3/12, scheduled to ship 4/4. If I can get one this weekend, do you think I'll be able to cancel my order?
I tried to edit my order to no engraving, but they won't let you do that#&**%$--don't know why. It says if you want no engraving you have to cancel and re-order, which would mean potentially another 3-5 week wait. I thought about changing the engraving to just a period so then maybe I could sell it to someone (for cost).
That said, it's tempting to cancel now, 'cuz it seems they're becoming more available. I kind of thought they'd fill orders more quickly.
BTW, it kind of sucks that they're not filling orders as fast as they can, given that we've paid for them. They're too into the "hype" of people waiting in line. It's not even getting any publicity, just pissing people off as those who ordered aren't getting them and people seem to be watching the same people day after day buying them to resell or ship to other countries. Stupid.
I'd cancel the order. You can't return an Apple Product that's been engraved if you change your mind. Besides, engraving hampers the resale value.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.