about crisp,vivid,rich and,saturation,contrast.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rays09, Jun 30, 2012.

1. rays09, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012

rays09 macrumors member

do you think vivid,rich,contrast and crisp in AG highres mbp mid 2012 , Gloss Highress mbp mid 2012 are same? cause some ppl said that actually in dark area indoor you won't notice about decreasing colour... maybe just slightly different between the AG and Gloss in indoor low light condition.

actually i like the AG in terms of using outdoor but i don't like at lose their colour .. cause i like watching movies, playing game, and editing using photoshop/aperture/finalcut but just as a hobby,and doing an MS office stuff ... iam not doing heavy duty design i rarely print it out just sometimes if i really like the photos i've taken.

i still confusing to choose between this two cause i don't have any places here that showing the AG.

my heart go to AG but my eyes need an eye candy for expensive laptop.

how much AG lose their colour, if you don't mind would you post me a pic an AG while watching movie,in desktop, in low light condition? i don't need the gloss one cause i can look it at the appstore here. cause maybe im gonna using it for 4 year laptop. and i can't using a 14 days policy cause this macbook sent to me from singapore while iam in indonesia..

iam gonna choose the anti glare IF they not lose very much eye candy factor... tonight iam gonna go to apple store and play with glossy first.. i need an honest review not just because you have a glossy and you have an anti glare.. are ppl too exaggerate about AG lose their colour and it have a muted colour? or ppl too exaggerate about issue in glossy and said it worth to lose a vivid crisp vibrant and like being muted colour ?

thanks i appreciate for a feedback. sorry if my grammars not good:p

2. icewing macrumors 6502

I've read your previous posts and understand your concerns about the AG screen. I took a picture with my iPhone but it didn't pick up how great the screen looks.

It seems you have assumed that the AG screen is washed out and dull - it is not. Yes, the glossy is a bit brighter, I've seen many people say the glossy is actually over-saturated, and if you do graphics work on the glossy, your pictures WON'T look the same on "regular" displays.

I think your concerns about the AG are overblown. I have a glossy iMac, and got the high-res AG 15" MacBook pro about 2 weeks ago, and never once have I thought "the laptop doesn't look as good".

Good luck with your decision.

3. rays09 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for feedback bro. actually just realized i was using a glossy for many years and dont have an issue for glare or something but after you all blown about glare glare and glare yeah now i about feel something for using an glossy display.. I just went from apple store and start playing with glossy mbp yeaah its very annoying maybe at first is not an issue cause i dont know about glare, and now the glare it's very big issue for me. I try to find an angel where the glare will not appear but i cant find it especially when they still have an lamps above it.. When i came hone i open my old laptop acer it has a glossy display and playing for a while with it ... Last year when i dont know about an issue.. I never find myself got distract with a little glare, but its very very annoying stuff in world.. Maybe the only way to have a vivid,crisp vibrant, eye candy experience are to turn off all the lamps ! Considering everyting above i had thick at 15" high model cMbp high-res with anti glare for 3-4 years ahead :) actually i never compare it between this two. I dont how it's anti glare looks like but the glossy it have glare except you can find a great angle where there is no reflection and it will be a excelent display.. Iam not an AG fan boy not the glossy neither.. Final word if u still confusing choose between an anti glare or glossy.. IMO don't go with glossy if your Concern for a portable device BUT if you using your desktop only in your bedroom with lights off yeah glossy is good for you. Thanks.

4. icewing macrumors 6502

When you finally do get it please post, I'm curious to see which one you finally ended up with and how you like it. I've been playing Diablo III on my new AG and it's great...

5. rays09 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah i can't wait for my mbp arrive. Mybe next week i will make a review with pic. Honestly i little worried about losing an eye candy on AG mbp . But choosing a glossy one i think it's a bad choice for me. Yeah me too playing diablo on pc. I will post it later okay!