About education online rebate

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by elie.fares, Jul 23, 2009.

1. elie.fares macrumors regular

I have a quick question about the iPod touch online rebate.
    Do I have to submit documents about my university or is it just the order number and my address?

thx

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

You just order it. You don't need to provide any documentation unless they do a random check on you later on.

3. elie.fares thread starter macrumors regular

I mean after I order the thing when I want to submit my rebate claim online, do I need any documents?

4. redshovel macrumors 6502

redshovel

The very fact you ask that question raises concerns with me that you dont have the neccessary documents if required ;)

I know a few ppl who have chanced their arm by ordering from the Apple HE Education Shop (think as MBP starts @ £772.00 on there etc) and have never been asked for proof of education status. A few have been checked and when they failed to produce the correct documents where asked to pay the difference or just have the order canceled.

Either way none of them took the p*ss and tried to get the free iPod as well :p

5. elie.fares thread starter macrumors regular

Actually, i'm a senior biology student. But I'm not at a US university although it is an American University: American University of Beirut.
    Now, I am a student and I reviewed their eligibility stuff and they just said you have to be pursuing higher education (which I am).

So I think I'm eligible :p

6. redshovel macrumors 6502

redshovel

Well by the sounds are that you should be.....why not just phone apple education and see what they say.

7. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

If by rebates, you mean the iPod and printer ones, I think you don't need student documents. The assumption is you had provided them with your initial purchase.

8. eclipse310 macrumors newbie

At most they will probably ask you for transcripts or a copy of your student ID later on, but during purch you dont need any documents. I just purch mine with edu discounts and they have not asked me for anything yet. Im not worried though considering that im a current student at CSULB. Like one of the previous posts stated, contact apple and ask them if this would be an issue so that it doesnt backfire on you.:D

9. cdxsuprace macrumors newbie

I ordered mine a few weeks ago. All discount and rebates were approved with no questions or document asked by Apple.