About "False Reviews"

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Simplicated, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

There are people, who are incapable of setting up an app correctly even when the developer has a full documentation, or people who are incorrectly using an app that was targeted for other audience, leaving one-star reviews that bash about how bad the app is, or fake five-star reviews that praise the app sarcastically.

These "false reviews" really put the developers down.

Here are some reviews in iRa Pro (which is in Top Grossing), as an example:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As I am going to submit an app to the App Store I am afraid these kinds of reviews make my app ratings inaccurate. I am sure many developers think the same too. What's your viewpoint on this?

2. pooryou macrumors 65816

Shill reviews by developers are a far worse problem in my opinion, and disturbingly prevalent.

3. AndyCodez macrumors regular

What's more annoying is when you get 15 1 star's but no one leaves any comments. Not only do you have those 1 stars staring at you, but you don't know what the issue was that caused it.

My theory however its developers of other competing apps 1 staring it just to bring it down.

But who knows, I try to not let it bother me. But I am pretty sure that my app is better than the other competing apps. I could be wrong, but i think it is :p