About lyrics in iTunes....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tangledweb16, Jun 15, 2008.

1. tangledweb16 macrumors regular

tangledweb16

How do you get the lyrics in there? you can't copy/paste, and you can't add a text file from TextEdit, so am I supposed to sit there and type out the lyrics, or am I missing something?

If I'm not missing anything... what the hell were they thinking?!?!? Seriously? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. tangledweb16 thread starter macrumors regular

tangledweb16

Really? Again, I'm probably missing something really obvious, but I just tried again and I cannot right click at all while in the Get Info > Lyrics menu.

I even typed it in to the "Help" button up in the menu bar, and the directions simply told me to "enter song lyrics". I'm pretty sure it's obvious and I'm just having a hard time but.... it's really annoying.

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I pressed CMD+V to paste.

5. tangledweb16 thread starter macrumors regular

tangledweb16

Thanks man, that worked.

I'm still getting used to using a Mac... I haven't got a hang of all the shortcuts yet :eek: thanks for being patient :)

6. Dont42Panic macrumors newbie

I also am fairly new at the whole Mac thing and I found a great little tip for automatically getting lyrics onto your songs in a magazine. Download a program called GimmieSomeTune and it will download lyrics when a song is played, of course your tags have to be perfect for it to work properly. If you have a lot of songs to do you can combine it with a Doug Script called Needledrop, which allows you to set how long to play a song. So one night before you go to bed, mute your Mac, start up GimmieSomeTune, set Needledrop to like 15 seconds, and start at the top of your library. It may not get all of them, but it will get a bunch.

7. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

by far the best program for automatically adding lyrics is curripio just let it fetch the lyrics and it will automatically add all of them. It can do album art too.

Good luck!