Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onqun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2006
Hello guys, I am planning to buy computer. Since I move too much and i dont have many. I am thinking about mac mini. 2.26ghz and 4gb rams

I am using powerbook now. I play just world of warcraft. it works fine with my powerbook. I also use Matlab, Iwork Ilife . do they work with mac mini. I know that matlab is not working proporly with mba. if i get mini do i get same problems?

nusynergy

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2008
Kent - UK
hi,

for what you want the Mini will be fine.. Not sure about playing WoW on the 9400m GPu that the mini has but if you have all the settings on low / Med im sure it wont look too bad :D

onqun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2006
it works fine with my powerbook:p everything is low :p but all rite XD

x86isslow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2003
USA
I just replaced my 12"PBG4 with a mini. I figured there wouldn't be such a difference between the two processors, so I went with 799 (2Ghz + 4gb RAM)

the mini's great. way more powerful than the powerbook. i'm even playing call of duty 4 on it.

onqun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2006
mine is g4 17"
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 with 128MB.
2gb ram
1.67 ghz

zorahk

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
North Korea
Believe it or not, the 9400 won't be that much better than your radeon, as it is only an integrated card, however, it will play WoW just fine and should play it around medium settings.

onqun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2006
i am not expecting too many difference. Applications started to want intel processings. All i want is matlab , i want it work very well. and games work little bit faster. it is working enough for me with powerbook g4.

wbtlevi

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2009
Matlab works great on the mac Mini. I have the 2.0 with 2 Gigs of ram and both the industrial version and student version of Matlab run at screaming speeds on it.

onqun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2006
screaming means very slow ? when i try to use matlab with my mba, it automatically shuts it self down. when i try to use mmreader function

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.