Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
San Francisco
So like many others, my iPhone 4S AT&T ordered from Apple.com has been sitting in Louisville, KY for almost 40 hours already, and I can't wait to see it tomorrow/Friday.
Anyway, I was browsing around the forum, this one guy posted a presign from from UPS, and I was just wondering if I need it too.
I live in a big apartment, and UPS typically just leave their package at the front office, but not sure about iPhone since the receiver kinda HAVE to sign it?
or the people work in the main office can just sign it and give it to me later?

and BTW..on the UPS Tracking page, it says
Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 10/14/2011, By End of Day
by the end of day, does it mean anytime between 8AM when UPS opens until when all trucks return to the facility, or does it mean By The End of Day PERIOD?
I have class from 1PM-4PM, and I do have a 20min break between them, so my plan is, if I don't get it before I leave home, about 12.40PM, I'll probably go back home and check it again during my 20min. break, which is gonna be around 2PM.....
The front office closes at 5, and I don't wanna rush back to home right after school..and plus it would be so cool to have a new iPhone on my hand on its release day,,wouldn't it...

Aviator189

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
From past experiences of living in an apartment complex, the front desk people will sign for it and then you can go pick it up from them. I've never dealt with an iPhone or any apple product being delivered during my days of living in an apartment however. More than likely I'll be home when mine is delivered to my house, but I always throw up the pre-sign form on the door just in case. Call your front desk people tomorrow and ask them if they usually sign for things from UPS that require a signature. You can always just put the pre-sign form on your door however just to be safe. On the form, instead of marking front door, select other and specify you want it to be left at the apartment buildings front desk/office. That way if UPS delivers it to your front door, the guy will just drop it off at the office.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.